This year saw the launch of our new NICE Ambassador Scheme where we were proud to add two very distinguished people. Their role is to support the promotion of NICE and to support our activities. We are planning to appoint more ambassadors in the coming year.
Why do we need your help?
NICE, Centre for Movement Disorders needs help both to raise its profile and to raise funds. Our NICE Ambassadors play a vital role in connecting people to our cause and representing the Charity in a variety of different ways.
There are many different ways of getting involved depending on your experience and personal aims.
The following are some examples:
- Making introductions to your contacts who may support the charity.
- Placing, emptying and returning collection tins in cafés, restaurants, shops etc. within your community.
- Promoting our events and services through your social media contacts.
- Meeting your MP (or other political representatives) in your constituency to talk about the work of NICE.
- Contacting local groups who may support the charity to arrange talks for NICE staff to attend.
- Giving your own short talks on the charity to a variety of community groups.
- Running small fundraising events or initiatives with your family, friends or colleagues.
- Actively seeking introductions to possible corporate, high net worth individuals and others.
- Attending cheque presentations on behalf of NICE to thank and say a few words about the difference the money will make.
- Support or run stands at local events.
- Passion and enthusiasm in the work of NICE
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Honest and trustworthy nature
- Excellent organisational skills
- A personal, friendly manner
- The satisfaction of knowing you have made a valuable contribution to the lives of children and adults with movement disorders.
- Utilising your skills to support a local charity.
- A chance to develop your CV, learn new skills and gain new experiences.
- An opportunity to meet like-minded people from different walks of life.
- Reimbursement for agreed expenses you incur as a result of your role.
How can I apply?
If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer Ambassador please fill out this short form for completion and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org Once we have received this we will meet with you and discuss how you may become involved and introduce you to our work.
For any further questions please contact Louise Davis, Fundraising and Marketing Manager on 0121 442 5559.
Want to find out what we‘re up to?